Le Touquet-Paris-Plage was born in 1837 at the mouth of the Canche. Pines, sands, sea, forest: the beauty of the estate is such that Villemessant, then director of Le Figaro, nicknames the place Paris-Plage, because of its proximity to the capital. The area was so exciting that an Englishman, Sir John Whitley, created a seaside resort according to the English model. Accompanied by Allen Stoneham, future founder of the Golf du Touquet, both great supporters of the Cordial Agreement, created the Touquet Syndicate Ltd. Charles Garnier, renowned architect, designed a “pleasure” there: the seaside resort, like those then in vogue across the Channel, was born. The British presence is therefore inseparable from the city: it is well recognized in all its architecture, in the “Touquettois style”.
Unspoilt nature combining Opal Coast dunes and Le Touquet forest...
History, sports, wellness and nature at Le Touquet-Paris-Plage.
From British elegance to French-style well-being
Le-Touquet-Paris-Plage, jewel of the Opale Coast
The British being fond of luxurious hotels, Le Touquet equips itself with the sumptuous Hotel des Anglais, Hermitage, Regina, Atlantic, Hotel du Golf and even two casinos. In the 20th century, Le Touquet gained worldwide fame. A little mundane, devilishly charming, the city has managed to preserve over time its untouched nature. Nature made up of greenery and dunes, but also sport, culture and gastronomy.
Le-Touquet-Paris-Plage, sports paradise and clean air at will
As Sir Whitley wished to make the resort the “Paradise of Sports”, the sports field was inaugurated in 1904 by Pierre de Coubertin himself!
Since then, Le Touquet-Paris-Plage has not renounced its vocation. It is also and always walks on the sand with an opaline sea as far as the eye can see, a dune trail leading to the estuary of the Canche (a place of rest prized by seals), with the faithful companion of the great outdoors. Superbly equipped with bike paths and footpaths, the Forest of Le Touquet will be revealed. Whether you are passionate about golf, tennis, horse riding, sailing, water sports, nature walks in the forest or by the sea or looking for a green seminar, you will be won over by our beautiful resort.
Nearby activities Touquet Golf Resort
The location of the Touquet Golf Resort and its proximity to the city centre of the seaside resort of Le Touquet-Paris-Plage will allow you throughout the year to enjoy the fairways of the surrounding area and its artistic events and sports and cultural activities.
- Gathering of vintage cars – every 3rd Sunday of the month, April to November, lawns of the Palace of Europe
- Music Festival — June 21
- Piano Folies, “the piano everywhere in the city” — Late August
- Salon ArTouquet: antiques, jewellery, free expertise — November, Palais des Congrès
- Book Fair – November, Tennis Centre International Music Festival — August
- Night Touquettoise: Rue Saint-Jean, music — Late August, until the early morning
- High School Ball — 1st Saturday in December, hotel high school
- Si Le Touquet m’était conté – January
- Les Nuits Baroques – February
- Festival International du Grand Reportage d’Actualité et du Documentaire de société (FIGRA) – End of March, Palais des Congrès
- Festival des Tout Petits – August
- Touquet Music Beach Festival – End August
- Le Touquet Museum, 19th-day art, School of Étaples and recent works – villa WAY SIDE, corner of Avenue du Golf and Avenue du Château
- Berck South Opal Museum
- Museum of the Navy and Quentovic d’Étaples
- Maries Artisanal Fishing Centre
- Roger Rodière Museum, Montreuil-sur-mer Citadel Museum
- NAUSICAA, national sea centre in Boulogne-sur-mer
- Museum Night – May
- The Historic Route, 31 sites to discover
- The Lighthouse of the Canche, exceptional panorama – aisle of the, every Saturday and Sunday afternoon
- Flower Festival – end of August
- Le Touquet Beach
More than 300 shops and craftsmen around St. John’s Street Many markets, including the famous fish market from Thursday to Sunday morning, every day during the holidays La bourse multicollection – early May
Activities - Nature
- Club de voile : voile, char à voile, wake park, paddle – bases nautiques Nord et Sud
- Club équestre
- Aqualud, Front de mer
Casino & Thalassotherapy
- Casino Barrier Le Touquet – Place de l’Hermitage
- Casino des Quatre Saisons – 26 rue Saint-Jea
- Thalassa Institute – Waterfront
- Enduropale du Touquet, famous motorcycle race – 1st weekend in February
- Rally Le Touquet Pas-de-Calais, motor racing – March
- Touquet Classic Amateur, golf competition – Golf du Touquet, end of August
- Pro Am International Opale Coast (europe’s largest), 4 days, 4 golf courses, 400 golfers – Le Touquet Mer, Hardelot les Pins, Belle Dune, Wimereux, April